OGUN STATE AFRICAN ACTION CONGRESS IS SET FOR THE YEAR 2020 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION IN THE STATE.
The Ogun State Chapter of AAC rose from her general meeting on Sunday 18th August, 2019 at Eniola Otasanya Martins Campaign Secretariat, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta.
In attendance were the party faithful across the 20 Local Government Areas of the State and the 3 Senatorial Districts of the State.
Recent happenings in party at the national and state level and post AAC special convention was extensively discussed and the following resolutions was reached.
- The Principal and the Presidential candidate of the party in the 2019 election, Mr. Omoyele Sowore decided to maintain silence on most questions he was asked on the update on all the financials details, actions and inactions of some of his aids by the Ogun state arm of the party, using all the social platform of reach, but till his arrest by Department of State Security (DSS) he has declined to respond to all allegations leveled against him. Mr. Omoyele Sowore, thereby, did not Respect us, he played us, Deserted & Abandoned Us.
- The house also resolved to Support the new leadership of African Action Congress based on the two (2) high court Judgments that pronounced the leadership of Dr. Leonard Nzenwa as the Acting National Chairman of the party.
- The house also resolved to align with the just concluded National Convention in Owerri, Imo State where Dr. Leonard Ezenwa was elected the National Chairman of our great party.
- The house resolved to dissolve all the State Executives and Local Government Executives and another election was conducted to usher in new executives into various positions so as to move Ogun state African Action Congress forward.
The list of the newly elected officials are as follows:
-Comrade Kazeem Niniola, State Chairman.
-Comrade Abeeb Okikiade Vice Chairman Ogun West
– Comrade Wahab Folawiyo Vice Chairman Ogun East
– Comrade Kolawole Taiwo, General Secretary.
– Comrade Adewale Ajibade Assistant General Secretary.
– Comrade Daniel Sunday Financial Secretary.
– Comrade Deji Oyalowo Organizing Secretary
– Comrade Olawale Adegbuyi Publicity Secretary
– Comrade Ganiyat Adenuga Treasurer
– Alh. Sanni Adamu Arewa/Hausa Leader
– Comrade Wale Rasak Youth Leader.
– Mrs. Soyode State Woman Leader
- The congress mandated all the newly elected state officials to return to the grassroots and build credible structures for AAC a fresh towards the forthcoming Local Government elections in the state and in preparation for 2023.
- On “Revolutionnow”, it was never discussed or addressed at the state and local government party level before defamatory members that uses the party name and logo for this illegal activities, the motion for their expulsion was moved so that the public and the security agencies will know the party stand on the “RevolutionNow” activities and that AAC Ogun state chapter dissociate self from “RevolutionNow”.
Our party’s position on this, is very clear as a political party just like any other political party in Nigeria, the law do not permit us to be involved in any outlawed social unrest be it peaceful or not. It’s an institution operating under the constitution of the land through Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Political parties are not pressure group as a result African Action Congress dissociate self from the “RevolutionNow”.
In this respect the following members of AAC Ogun state and their accomplices are hereby expelled from the party for their anti-party activities, fraud, impersonation and their roles in the “RevolutionNow” movement.
The individuals are:
Alh Azeez Olowokeu,
Adebayo John Adeniyi,
Surajudeen Raji (Rhaj Rhaj),
Hammed Basjiru (Labash),
Ibukun Adeeko and others who are still being investigated.
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long Live Ogun State
Long live African Action Congress AAC Ogun state
Comrade Kolawole Taiwo. Comrade Kazeem Niniola
AAC Ogun state Gen. Secretary AAC Ogun state Chairman