FINDING YOUR PURPOSE
As common as the word ‘purpose’ appears to be, only few persons all over the world can tell with precision what their purposeson earth is. Purpose is the intention, aim or function of something. It is the thing that something or someone is supposed or destined or created or equipped or fashioned or engineered or configured to achieve. Simply put, purpose is the ‘why’ of you.
This great woman at age 3 told whoever cared to listen that she will be paid to talk. As little as she was back then, she had a clear idea of her purpose. She is Oprah Winfrey.
- The greatest tragedy is not death but life without a purpose – Dr. Myles.
- Life is meaningless when reason for living is unknown.
- It is possible that you are doing something good that is wrong for you.
- Until the question of WHY is answered there can’t be a personal, corporate or national fulfillment.
- The best way to waste time, energy, resources and life is not to know purpose.
- One major reason why you must discover your purpose is because:
YOU ARE NOT AN ACCIDENT;
- Your arrival on the planet earth was not accidental, it was fearfully and carefully plannedby God (Psalms 139:14).
- You are unique, special, precious and genuine.Inother words, you are original.
- Another important reason why you must discover your purpose is because:
- NO MATTER WHAT YOUR PERSONAL PLAN OR AMBITIONIS; ONLY GOD’S PLAN AND PURPOSE FOR YOU SHALL STAND.
- Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails (Proverbs 19:20).
- But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purpose of His heart through all generations (Ps33:11).
- The Lord Almighty has sworn, “surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand (Is14:24).
- Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say my purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please (Is46:9-10).
- You can do all you want as long as it is not in line with God’s purpose for your life, you can’t live a fulfilledorajoyfulorapeacefullife.Liferatherbecomesaburden.Don’tgetmewrongyoucanhaveallthematerialwealthbutsolongasyourlifeisnotinsyncorincorrelationorinalignmentorinunismwithGod’spurposeforyou,youcanalwaystellthatsomethingismissing.
HOW TO FIND YOUR PURPOSE?
What I am looking for is not out there, it’s in me – Helen Keller.
- There is a direct link between your talent(s)and purpose. By knowing what you are talented at, your purpose becomes clearer(e.g.Oprah-talk).Do you possess special abilities,giftsortalentsfor sowing clothes? Then the world awaits your fashion empire! Dr. Ben Carsonnotedinhisbook:’giftedhands’that his hands were specially designed for surgery. Hesaidthose hands movespeedily during operations.
- Pay more attention to what gives you unusual excitement orthatmakes you angry in your environment, on T.V, Radio or on the internet.e.gNelsonMadibaMandelahatesaparthiedandsacrificed27goldenyearsofhislifetofightit.HewonofcourseandsoshallyouwininJesusname!
- What do you see someone doing and it arrests your complete being?Thenyoubegantalkingtoyourselfsaying”Icandobetterthanthisguy”.Youfeelastrongpullingonyourinside.Youjusthappentocomealiveatthesightofsuchthing.Myadviceforyouis,take note of thatthing.Askquestionsonhowtodothesame,readbooksonit.Readbiographiesofthosewhohavetruelysucceededinthatthing.followthemup.PraytoGodfordirectionandbegintovisitplacesofopportunitiesforyoutounleashthegiantinyou.
- Be mindful of that thing you do so much that you don’t mind spending hours on, such that you forget you’ve not had your breakfast.
- Ask God, if you want to know the purpose of a thing, don’t ask the thing. Ask the manufacturer.
Ask and it shall be given unto you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you – Matt 7:7.
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations – Jer 1:5.
Who then is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him – Ps 25:12.
Lifeminutes with kwasi james